Referrals and Consultations
How to refer a client who needs professional health care at home
Please have the following information available during the initial referral call:
- Client name and date of birth
- Client current address and phone number
- Purpose of the visit (Why are we seeing the client? Client goals?)
- Type of service(s) needed
- Physician name, phone and date of last clinic or hospital visit
- Types of insurances
Follow-up information will be required, including:
- Identification form: Client name, current address and phone number, date of birth, emergency contact/caregiver name and phone number.
- Insurance information
- Current medication list and current labs (if available)
- History and physical/medical summary and discharge summary statement (if available)
- Other information about the client's specific medical needs, treatments, ongoing therapies, wound care instructions, etc.